Function Room and Community Space
With an average of 28,800 visitors to Killalea Reserve each month, we are proposing to create an area which supports many of the activities already enjoyed at Killalea.
The location, look, feel and usage of our proposed Multifunction Community Facility will be influenced by your feedback. It is also important to note that no built structures and works will occur in the exclusion areas marked on our Map.
We are looking forward to creating a space together that benefits the local community and visitors to the park, as well as supporting the current community gatherings and events, cultural performances, educational activities, sporting groups and weddings.
The Multifunction Community Facility we envisage could include:
- Outdoor Deck/Seating Area
- Natural Amphitheatre enabling events and community activities to be held onsite
- Carpark Facilities
- Function room with a commercial kitchen
- Information Centre / Display Space
- Restaurant and/or Cafe/Kiosk.
Community and Sporting Events
The Multifunction Community Facility could provide a consolidated space for a range of community and sporting activities that Killalea is renown for. Usage of the Multifunction Community Facility could include:
- Community gatherings and user groups
- Cultural events
- Corporate events
- Surfing clinics
- Business meetings
- Sporting activities/events/gatherings
- Large family events (birthdays/reunions etc.)
- Social events
- School programs or educational activities